Saturday, May 5, 2012

Glen Innes Hokohoko shops made this girl smile

In Auckland the best time to go hokohoko shopping is during the week, because you have all day to find some little beauties, as oppose to Saturdays where they are usually only open 3 - 4 hours. Lucky for me I don't work Mondays. Started off in the East of Auckland, Glen Innes. I have known about these hokohoko shops for 4 - 5 years now, there are 4 in the one area and all within walking distance, so its a great place to start your bargain hunting mornings, like all other thrifters I like the thrill of the bargain hunt, the idea that other peoples junk is going to be making myself and my house look fabulously retro, is what gets me going. These are my little beauties ......


The first stop was Mercy Hospice Glen Innes,


Pink Depression Glass, I already have quite a few green pieces, but these were so pretty I had to buy them,



This photo doesn't do justice to it, obviously I need to give it a proper was, but the pretty patterns on this dish are so delicately gorgeous, $3.




Now this little bowl is so pretty, I'm still unsure whether I'm going to use them or put them in my china cabinet, $2.


There was a  lovely canadian lady there that day who really liked this next find, just as much as me, only it wasn't in perfect condition but I had to have it anyway,



As you can probably see the paint on the top of the lid has been scrubbed off, sad really because every other part of it is in such good nick. $4

In this same shop I brought my first lot of Crown Lynn, not because I knew it was Crown Lynn, but because I liked the pattern on these plates, very retro! I didn't realise it was Crown Lynn until I got home.


I'm not yet sure what this particular pattern is called, but I love them. $1 each.

My hubby and I then moved onto to the Glen Innes Sallies which was definetly another treasure trove today, I found some really cool vintage chairs that I hope to re-upholster, but not anytime soon, I will post photos another time. I hadn't even noticed Pyrex until I started reading thrifter blogs and well this I found my first lot of vintage Pyrex today.


I love this colour Blue and I think this is what the craze is about isn't it, the colour! Well picked these babies for a bargain I think, they had prices on the bottom $10 and $12 which made me think twice, but I liked them and so I took them up the front and the lady said $5 for both of them, because they were stained, I definitely wasn't going to moan, and the stains came off with ease, no cracks, no chips anywhere and after about of  research it looks like this pattern is called 'Homestead'



The shop around the corner then presented me with this baby, I'm not sure what this pattern is called, but $2, why not! I'm still only at the beginning of my Pyrex collecting days. If someone out there knows the name of this pattern please let me know thanks.

This was all before 11:30am I still have the afternoon to go, but I will leave that for another blog. Thanks for reading if you's are and thanks for following if you are hehe, I will try to add as much as I can and as often as I can. Happy hokohoko shopping everyone! 




No comments:

Post a Comment