Tuesday, May 29, 2012

An answer to a prayer

Well I spent 3 hours hokohoko shopping yesterday, it definetly was a slow start, I don't know about anyone else, but when I go hokohoko shopping I always pray that I will find that special something that makes my heart pound and my body tingle with excitement followed by that feeling of wanting to throw my hands in the air and jump for joy, well this happened yesterday, but like I said it was a slow unpromising start to my few hours of hokohoko shopping.

I went to about four hokohoko shops yesterday, started out at the New Lynn Sallies, which presented me with a cool find.Chocolate Brown Colour glazed tulip cup and Saucer, I don't particularly love the colour of the cup but I thought it looked fabulous with the saucer, not too sure what the name of the pattern is, but I thought it was a great duo, $2 each.


From here I followed the main road and came across two Church Op Shops, which presented me with some Pink depression glass beauties. $2.50 each.






But my heart pounding moment came on my way home, I decided to stop in at the Grey Lyn Op Shop and the $1 bargain bins were my BFF's. Yes people $1 per piece. 




So I paid the lady for these and left the store, I was standing pretty excited about my day and my finds, especially the Pink depression glass finds, I felt my prayers had been answered. 

I had to cross the main road to get back to my car, the road was busy so I decided to turn around and take one last look at the $1 bargain bins and the lady had just replenished the bins, I couldn't believe it I still can't believe it.



They are so, so pretty, I love the colour, they are a peachy colour, with a hint of Opal sheen to them! Pyrex ramekins, not a chip or a scratch. They are literally in perfect condition.  I love them. Hopefully they will love me. 

I know I should spread my posts throughout the week, but I find that I don't have time to do it during the week,  since my weekends are Sunday and Monday these are the days I get to spend my time hokohoko shopping. Tuesdays well I start late so, I have the morning to get Blogs done for the week.  

Thanks for reading those of you who are. 

Happy hokohoko shopping everyone



10 comments:

  1. ohhhh.... the pink depression glass in beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are definitely a fav for me this month

      Delete
  2. Loving the mod looking tea cup and saucer x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Max it grows on me more and more everyday.

      Delete
  3. Very good finds! I love the pink depression glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are definitely a fave for me this month.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, I know I done well for 3 hours of hokohoko shopping, I'd like to go hokohoko shopping down your way sometime.

      Delete