Sunday, May 6, 2012

The early bird gets the worm

True to the saying my husband and I were up at 5:30am yesterday morning, hot showers, hot breakfast and on the road by 6:30, I had mapped out which Garage Sales I wanted to go to first the night before, we started out in Te Atatu South,


It was such an awesome place to start our morning off, heaps of vintage goodness, I scored this lot  for $5, no I'm not kidding,





This plate (big) above was my fav of the lot, so pretty, these cups and saucers were a steal as well, I still can't believe scored this lot for only $5,

From there we actually backtracked to Mt Eden where I scored the framed Tapa Cloth $8 and the place mats $2 they are so pretty, I have the perfect place in my house for this framed Tapa Cloth.

We went to about two others in Mt Eden and then shot across the Shore,
A Garage sale in Mt Eden presented me with these really cool finds,

Chalkboard $5
The bunting $ 0
The doilies $ .20 each
The knitted clown $3



We went to a couple more in the Shore, where my husband scored him some tools. By the time we were done garage sale shopping we checked out the Op Shops in Beach Haven and Birkenhead again. Not much to show for that day, my husband needed to go and get some Tyres in New Lynn, which was so exciting for me, 5 Opp shops that I know of in New Lynn, only two were open. Actually one of those two we only stumbled upon it yesterday, Delta Ave Hospice Shop, Megastore filled with secondhand treasures waiting to be found hehe,


These are some of the things I would love to have as part of my collection, but so expensive so I left them for some other dumb bugger to get them jokes, Crown Lynn lol I want to be tht dumb bugger! But it's the thrill of getting them for bargain prices that make it exciting.



However I did walk away with some neat little cheapies, the jug 50c, the made in Australia cup 50c, possibly a Johnson cup , but not certain, I just liked the pattern on the cup and this beautiful Pink Glass bowl so pretty, $2.50.





The day still wasn't over, it was 1pm and our last stop was at the Sallies in New Lynn, as I do, I head straight to the kitchenalia, and after going thru there shelves of goodies, I have a couple of Crown Lynn Saucers I like and then I just happen to look under a table and there is a box titled 'Crown Lynn Cups and Saucers' $1 cups and $2.50 saucers, I jump with joy I don't know the name of this shape, but they are Colourglaze cups and a gorgeous green, some of the saucers have beautiful patterns on them, I need to find out what they are called still. So I was happy to pay the price that was marked on the box and then to my surprise I get to the till and there is 50% of all kitchenalia, all up I payed a big $8 for the 7 green cups and 8 saucers. (the flower cup was from the previous shop)


So our day was full of bargain goodness, I haven't done that ever, we got home about 1pm and had a well deserved nap. Happy hokohoko shopping everyone.



2 comments:

  1. wow you guys are keen up at 5.30am! some great finds though. lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well I usually work Saturdays and here in NZ, when you go to Garage Sales from past experience, you have to be fast. I would never run, like others do hehe.

      Delete