Saturday, May 26, 2012

Book Sale: Fill a bag for $5

I haven't done any major hokohoko shopping this week, no new vintage or retro lovelies to show you all, next week maybe a more successful, however I still have tomorrow. This week we have had a book sale at work, our Library usually has one every quater. Although I am a librarian, I don't usually buy books at our book sales, because they usually get read once at my house and then collect dust on my bookshelf. But as the sale ends on Monday this weekend you can Fill a bag with books for $5. Well, needless to say, I overfilled my bag and I probably could have carried on, if I had time too.

The Fab three: my favourite picks for today;







 
                                                    This is my overfilled bag for $5.



Now I am off to link up with:


Happy hokohoko shoppin everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Is hokohoko maori or samoan for opshopping? I like the way it rolls off my tongue tho i'm prob. Not pronouncing it right. That is my kind of hokohoko shopping as art/crafts books are so expensive new and great for future hokohoko finds referencing, the rosemary mcleod book is ace x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Max,

      I've been waiting for someone to ask that, I should put a description up. Hokohoko is a maori word and it pretty much means shopping on a thrifty budget, so yes just our way of saying opshopping. The vowel sound is said like the 'oar' of a boat, another way is 'or', without dragging the 'r' so much hehe. Hokohoko shopping. I hadn't ever read the book prior to purchasing it and I look forward to reading it. Cheers, x

      Delete